Do you have an idea that could disrupt or bring greater awareness of rail in Australia and New Zealand?
Those in the rail industry are aware of the significant contribution rail makes to the region’s economic, social and environmental objectives. However, many people simply do not realise how innovative and large the industry is or how many diverse career opportunities the rail sector oﬀers.
To celebrate and highlight the rail industry’s contribution, we’re inviting rail sector personnel aged 25yrs and under to submit their innovative ideas on how to market and promote the rail industry in a positive and impactful way, as well as educating the broader community’s perception of the benefits of rail.
In 200-300 words, describe how you would market and promote the benefits of rail to your peers, friends, family, parliamentarians or the general community at large for the opportunity to win 1 of 20 scholarships to attend AusRAIL 2020.
New to 2020
To reflect the growing popularity of the scholarships, we are delighted to be offering up to 20 scholarships for 2020.
Highlights of the AusRAIL PLUS 2019 Next Generation Conference Scholarship
Thank you to all those who entered the 2019 Young Rail Professionals Pitching Competition, particularly the 10 winners who presented their inspiring ideas as posters at the Exhibition!
Congratulations to the 2019 Scholarship Winners!
- Devin Devendra, Graduate Engineer, Rail, WSP
- Jenna Humphries, Supply Chain Business Improvement Analyst, Downer EDI Rail
- Jamil Hurdoyal, Graduate Rail Engineer, Aurecon
- Hillary Pan, Graduate Structural Engineer, Arup
- Lien Pham, Citytrain Graduate, Queensland Rail
- Andre Soriano, Graduate Engineer, Bombardier
- Aaron Spyrakis, Undergraduate Engineer, John Holland
- Matthew Ulrich, Graduate Civil Engineer, Public Transport Authority of Western Australia
- Harry Walters, Graduate Site Engineer, Lendlease
- Mehrad Zendehdel, Site Engineer, Rhomberg Rail Australia
Entries must be 200-300 words and include their idea/s about how they would promote the benefits of rail to their peers, friends, family members, politicians or the general community at large and include their name/contact details, institution and qualification underway/completed (including completion date). Entry can include multi and/or mixed media.
Eligibility: Recent graduates and young railway professionals
Open to all recent graduates and young railway professionals who are 25yrs or under (as at 1 December 2020)
The AusRAIL Organising Committee will review entries and select winners on the benefits, quality and relevance their ideas could provide. No feedback will be provided to unsuccessful applicants.
Winners will receive:
- Complimentary attendance to AusRAIL 2020, including the Welcome Reception, Exhibition Networking and Gala Dinner
- A special networking breakfast function will also be organised for the winners, sponsor and their guests on the morning of Day One – 1 December (venue TBC)
- The ‘winning ideas’ will be displayed on posters at the AusRAIL 2020 Exhibition
- The winners will be awarded certificates of acknowledgement at the Gala Dinner
If you have queries, please contact Tina Karas, AusRAIL Conference Manager via email@example.com or + 61 (2) 9080 4408
To sponsor the AusRAIL 2020 Next Generation Conference Scholarships, please contact Deborah Bocock, Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales Manager via Deborah.Bocock@informa.com.au or + 61 (2) 9080 4348