Congratulations to the 2019 AusRAIL PLUS Next Generation Conference Scholarship Winners!
- Devin Devendra, Graduate Engineer, Rail, WSP
- Jenna Humphries, Supply Chain Business Improvement Analyst, Downer EDI Rail
- Jamil Hurdoyal, Graduate Rail Engineer, Aurecon
- Hillary Pan, Graduate Structural Engineer, Arup
- Lien Pham, Citytrain Graduate, Queensland Rail
- Andre Soriano, Graduate Engineer, Bombardier
- Aaron Spyrakis, Undergraduate Engineer, John Holland
- Matthew Ulrich, Graduate Civil Engineer, Public Transport Authority of Western Australia
- Harry Walters, Graduate Site Engineer, Lendlease
- Mehrad Zendehdel, Site Engineer, Rhomberg Rail Australia
What is the AusRAIL PLUS 2019 Next Generation Conference Scholarship?
The scholarship was first introduced in 2017 and encourages rail industry professionals 25 years and under to submit their innovative ideas on how to market and promote the sector in a positive and impactful way. Applicants will have the opportunity to win 1 of 10 conference scholarship places at AusRAIL PLUS 2019.
Winners will be announced in early October and receive complimentary attendance to AusRAIL PLUS 2019 including:
- Welcome Reception
- Exhibition Networking Drinks
- RTAA Yellow Tie Dinner
- Gala Dinner
- Special networking breakfast function with other winners, sponsor and their guests
The ‘winning ideas’ will also be displayed on posters at AusRAIL PLUS 2019, and the winners will be awarded certificates of acknowledgement at the RTAA Yellow Tie Dinner.
Entries must be 200-300 words and include their idea/s about how they would promote the benefits of rail to their peers, friends, family members, parliamentarians or the general community at large and include their name/contact details, institution and qualification underway/completed (including completion date). Entry can include multi and/or mixed media.
The AusRAIL Organising Committee will review entries and select winners on the benefits, quality and relevance their ideas could provide. No feedback will be provided to unsuccessful applicants.
- Eligibility: Recent graduates and young railway professionals*
Open to all recent graduates and young railway professionals who are 25yrs or under*(as at 3rd December 2019)
Tuesday 20 August: Scholarship Competition opens
Friday 27 September: Deadline for Scholarship entries via online portal
Tuesday 8 October: Scholarship winners announced
Tuesday 3 December: Networking Breakfast
Wednesday 4 December: Certificates awarded at RTAA Yellow Tie Dinner